The time it takes to calm a reactive dog depends on many factors so there is not a definitive answer. Fearful and over reactive behavior will not go away on its own. The dog will not grow out of it. Left untreated, both the frequency and the intensity of the problems will increase. Reactivity is one of the hardest behaviors to deal with, but have you ever wondered why that is? You may never have even thought about reactivity before you got your dog, but now when your dog starts reacting, you find yourself reacting too!
You may get stressed at the very thought of going for a walk. Of course, it is not your dog’s fault. They are acting in response to an emotion – that might be fear, anxiety or frustration – and, when they react, that can make them feel better in the moment so they keep doing it. But we can teach them a better way to respond that also feels good. Over time they can start to ignore what once caused a meltdown or maybe even enjoy meeting other dogs or new people. In order to make this shift, we need to create a calmer space for our dogs. They can’t learn when they are stressed. This is what our Reactive Training Program is designed to accomplish.
This program will give you all the support you need.. You will develop the right skills to teach calm and accommodate your dog’s reactivity! You’ll learn easy, fun and practical ways to keep your dog’s focus when there are distractions, how to manage situations where things are less than ideal, and how to bounce back when everything has gone belly up!
There are eight core areas that are addressed to ensure you tackle reactivity and develop the relationship of your dreams. In each session you will build core skills and progress through milestones until you have mastered each area. By the time you complete our program you will have clear step-by-step instructions to help you navigate problem behaviors with ease!
The core elements include:
- Understanding – Learn what is behind your dog’s over-reactivity and why the impact is so great for you. Understanding creates compassion for you both.
- Observing – Tune your observations skills and learn to interpret your dog’s communication.
- Reset – Press the reset button for you and your dog so that you can begin to build a new future.
- Building Confidence – Fear and insecurity in dogs can manifest to over reactive behaviors. Confidence building is a great way to instill courage in fearful canines.
- Essential Skills – Learn the core skills that will help you and your dog make progress by starting training at a distance from triggers.
- Growing Your Relationship – Having a happy and healthy relationship with your dog will have a huge impact on your training success.
- Advancing Your Skills – Build on the skills you have developed with controlled exposure to real triggers..
- Ready for the Real World – Take your training on the road to real environments.
Our eight week, one-on-one program is supported by videos and handouts that address these core elements. It is designed by global leaders in the field of reactivity and is being taught world-wide with repeatable and successful results. I have studied under world-class mentors and applied this training to Davy, my dog. We have an awesome partnership today. I am passionate about helping others in my area with reactive dogs like Davy.
Our Reactive Dog Training Program is a wonderful gift for you and your dog. It builds confidence, calms anxiety, and provides support for your both. It will help you establish an unbreakable bond with your furry companion. Contact us for a fear-free, positive training experience that concentrates on your objectives and delivers the results you want.
Happy Pet! Happy Home!
Get more pro tips to take care of your pets by subscribing to our newsletter and blog.